John Gangi is a New York Certified Teacher who has been teaching IB DP Economics and MYP Humanities for the last 8 years. John has been teaching for over 10 years and has worked at international schools in Hong Kong, Tanzania, Thailand and is presently teaching at the United Nations International School of Hanoi. He has also taught IB DP Business and Management as well as Theory of Knowledge.
John has a Masters in Secondary Education and a Bachelors in International Business. His previous career involved working in the music industry, most notably with EMI Music.
John has also worked with the Dept. of Commerce and the Office of International Affairs at the U.S. Embassy in Rome as well as serving with the U.S. Peace Corp as a university teacher in Jalalabad, Kyrgyzstan.
John’s hobbies include:
- learning about the world and the cultures that surround him
- cooking- I make a mean bagel!!
- finding the best street food a city has to offer
- hooping it up with his friends on the court
- reading about the economic events
- debating politics
- jamming out with anyone that is willing. Hopefully, I will be putting together a fun filled Economic rap album, Currencies Gone Wild in the upcoming year.
- having fun at school whether it be a bit role in the student drama production, chaperoning the senior lock in, or writing/ singing a song for the seniors at the graduation dinner, you can count me in!
- Most recently, building this website and getting comfy with
Latest posts by John Gangi (see all)
- Measuring Success - October 10, 2014
- Have You Been Branded? - August 14, 2014
- Bo-Tax and the Tanning Tax: Econ that matters for the Jersey Shore. - December 4, 2013